About Our Furniture
About Our Real Wood Furniture
Irregularities and imperfections are not considered a deficiency by the discerning customer but rather the principal attractions of a hand-made product; resulting in unsurpassed pride of ownership. Old Hippy does not alter the woods natural colour or characteristics. Knots, mineral streaks and tree growth irregularities have been deliberately included in the manufacturing process to ensure the authenticity of the finished product. Embrace the flaws in real wood furniture.
About Our Staining and Fabric
Old Hippy offers quality stain matching and every effort is made to assure a good match. However due to aging and variations in natural wood colour, matches cannot be guaranteed 100%. The same applies when matching new Old Hippy furniture pieces to Old Hippy stain samples or your existing Old Hippy collection. Every can of stain is different and 100% stain matching is not guaranteed. Fabrics received by Old Hippy at different times have dye lot variations; it is not possible to guarantee that fabric dye lots will match. To avoid disappointment from color variation or from discontinued fabrics, it is recommended that you purchase your entire order together.
Pricing, Return and Shipping Policies
- Applicable taxes will be added to the catalogue prices
- Prices, specifications and availability are subject to change without notice
- All orders require a deposit
- No refunds on any custom orders or stain matches
- If authorized, a 25% restocking fee will be applied to standard catalogue items, and 50% on special order items if returned for any authorized reason by Old Hippy
- Furniture is covered by warranty against manufacturing defects and workmanship in normal use for the period of one year from the original purchase date Note: Transportation to and from the warranty depot is the customers responsibility
- General freight shipping claims should be made directly with the carrier, we are not responsible for damaged or lost product during shipping using carriers other than our own
- All orders must be paid in full prior to shipping, no COD orders are shipped
Guidelines for Delivery Services
OLD HIPPY is very pleased to offer it's blanket wrapped delivery service to all our valued customers. One of the benefits of having OLD HIPPY deliver your new furniture is that we can include complete assembly as well as a comprehensive explanation of the care and maintenance. In an effort to keep delivery costs down OLD HIPPY has created guidelines and cost saving measures that will assure you are as prepared as possible when the delivery arrives.
All delivery charges are finalized once the delivery is complete and time and effort is assessed. If the retail store has agreed to pay a portion of the delivery charge it will be stated on your original sales receipt. If there are extended costs you will be asked to pay the difference.
Additional charges may apply in the following circumstances; if furniture is to be carried up or down stairs, on elevators, more than a minimal distance, the removal and / or setup of doors, moldings, banisters, windows, old furniture,...etc.; if you are not prepared, it may be your responsibility to handle arrangements for the placement of your furniture. This is at the discretion of the OLD HIPPY delivery staff. Old Hippy staff will not be responsible for damage of any kind that may result when moving furniture during set-up and delivery.
All deliveries made by OLD HIPPY are during normal business hours (Monday to Friday 8am - 4:30pm). Time of your delivery will be quoted as either morning (8am - noon) or afternoon (12pm - 4:30pm). If a delivery is missed by the customer causing the truck to return this will result in a charge to that customer for the waiting time plus a second delivery charge.
OLD HIPPY is willing to accept any of the following forms of payment; cash, cheques and credit cards.(Visa or Mastercard). If you choose to pay your balance with a credit card you will be asked to verify the card number over the phone prior to delivery for a pre authorization. You will also need to be present at the time of the delivery, in order for the OLD HIPPY delivery staff to obtain an imprint of the card, and your signature, otherwise a credit card cannot be used for the payment of a final balance.
$125.00 Minimum charge (upon arrival 15 minutes of delivery service is included)
$75.00 per hour or $1.25 per minute (will be charged beyond 15 minutes)
$2.00 per kilometer (if distance is greater than 25 km from delivery depot)
* Furniture is covered by warranty against manufacturing defects and workmanship in normal use for the period of one year from the original purchase date.
Note: Transportation to and from Old Hippy for warranty or other wise or in any case is the responsibility of the customer.
*To confirm delivery or make arrangements please email firstname.lastname@example.org